Christy Hodnefield - ASID, IIDA, LEED Green Assoc., Director of Design
How long have you been with Rapids?
What was your favorite project?
Coe & Loras College. I was able to use my design expertise.
Why? What was your most challenging project? Why?
Anamosa State Penitentiary. Penitentiary’s have requirements that you do not use every day.
What was your solution?
To work through this solution, I spent time reviewing codes and talking to the technical departments at the factories.
Name some of the projects you’ve been working on.
- Hell’s Kitchen in Minneapolis, MN
- Mayo Civic Center in Rochester, MN
- Mid Prairie culinary Lab, in Wellman, IA
- Loras College Pub in Dubuque, IA
- White Shield School in North Dakota
- Davenport Fire Station in Davenport, IA
- University Iowa Children’s Hospital in Iowa City, IA
- North Liberty High School North Liberty, IA
What do you like to do on a Sunday afternoon?
Sunday’s are our family days, whatever activity is done, we do together.
If we gave you next week off, what would you do with your time?
I would have my feet in the sand.
What was your last “oh my god this is perfect” meal?
It was a meal prepared by an awesome Chef in Pennsylvania. Each course of the meal was a piece of art. My main course was grilled salmon.
What is your best dish?
Angel hair pasta dish with shrimp.