Jeff Rice - Contract & Design Specialist
How long have you been with Rapids?
What was your favorite project? Why?
1st & Main – Dubuque, IA
We had the opportunity to work with owners who had no previous bar/restaurant experience. Together, we helped design and build a top-rated favorite stop in Dubuque.
What was your most challenging project? Why?
The Vine – Iowa City
We had issues with the renovation of an old historic building. Regulations and building restrictions presented problems with the height requirements and ventilation for the hood(s).
What was your solution?
I got our Captive Aire representatives involved to help us come up with an answer…and they did!
Name some of the projects you’ve worked on.
- Charlottes Coffee House – Dubuque, IA
- UIHC – walk-in renovation projects – Iowa City, IA
- Northern Hills Elementary School – Onalaska, WI
- Clear Creek Amana Middle School – Tiffin, IA
- Loras College Pub – Dubuque, IA
- Stonehill Retirement – Dubuque, IA
- Backpocket Brewing – Coralville/Cedar Rapids, IA
- UIHC – multiple projects
What do you like to do on a Sunday afternoon?
Spending time with family – especially grandchildren and good friends.
If we gave you next week off, what would you do with your time?
Same as above!
What was your last “oh my god this is perfect” meal?
A pasta dish I had at Trattoria Stefano in Sheboygan, WI.
What is your best dish?
Anything on the grill. Seasoned pork tenderloin is a favorite.