Kip Opheim - Project Coordinator
How long have you been with Rapids?
What was your favorite project? Why?
Cedar Rapids Convention Center (US Cellular Center). It’s located in downtown Cedar Rapids, so it’s nice to drive by, or attend an event, and know that Rapids helped ‘make it happen’.
What was your most challenging project? Why?
Ft. Dodge Middle School. Unfortunately, there was a general lack of communication and coordination on-site, which makes for a more difficult project from beginning to end.
What was your solution?
We made multiple site visits to have face-to-face communication to bring project to a close.
Name some of the projects you’ve worked on.
- University of Iowa Children’s Hospital – Iowa City, IA
- Liberty HS – North Liberty, IA
- Wells Fargo TI Building #68 and #69 – Rochester, MN
- Hillcrest Residence Hall, Iowa City, IA
- New South Elementary – Iowa City, IA
- Mitchell Elementary, Waukee
- Grant Ragan, ISU/Jack Trice Stadium
- Top Dawg
- Valley View Elementary, Van Meter Elementary,
- Davenport Central Fire Station
What do you like to do on a Sunday afternoon?
I enjoy relaxing on my Sundays, and I play softball in a co-ed league at a local ball park.
If we gave you next week off, what would you do with your time?
I would catch up on all of the books I haven’t had time to read, and probably look to install a fence in our back yard, and put in a new patio.
What was your last “oh my god this is perfect” meal?
At Saucy Foccaia in the Newbo Market, I had a Bacon Mac & Cheesy Burger which comes with mac n’ cheese, bacon, and cheese sauce on it – with some cheese fries on the side.
What is your best dish?
I make a pretty mean grilled cheese.