Nick Schmitt - Contract Sales
How long have you been with Rapids?
What was your favorite project? Why?
Mellow Mushroom. It was a fun atmosphere and it was an easy going group to work with.
What was your most challenging project? Why?
Papoli’s. It was my first project, and it was a challenge because of all the processes I had to quickly learn.
Name some of the projects you’ve worked on.
- Bishop Garrigan High School, Algona Iowa
- Indianola CSD, Indianola Iowa
- Shawn’s Market, Lathrop California
- Mayo Clinic Eisenburg Building Dishroom Renovation, Rochester Minnesota
- Linn County Correctional Facility, Cedar Rapids Iowa
- Umami Burger
- 800 Degrees
- Northwood-Kensett CSD, Northwood Iowa
- Charles City CSD, Charles City Iowa
- QA&BCIG Kitchen Remodel Bid, Ida Grove Iowa
What do you like to do on a Sunday afternoon?
Hang around the house or get out into the woods with my wife and 2 daughters.
If we gave you next week off, what would you do with your time?
Go hiking, take my kids to the park and out for ice cream, catch up on some tv shows, and for at least one day, send my daughters to the babysitter and take a good long nap.
What was your last “oh my god this is perfect” meal?
Scallop Risotto with cranberry and corn kernels in a basil sauce.
What is your best dish?
Ultimate mac and cheese.