Chris Simerda - Project Manager
How long have you been with Rapids?
What was your favorite project? Why?
MasterCard International. My client’s architect hired an East coast design firm in 2011. After trying to operate within that ineffective design for two years, they decided to completely renovate based on my design.
What was your most challenging project? Why?
Shula’s 347. We had 3 months from concept to opening in a pre-poured space that had no utility connections.
What was your solution?
We finished ahead of schedule and under budget.
Name some of the projects you’ve worked on.
- Winfield’s Gathering Place (Jim Edmonds) Kirkwood, Mo.
- Oak Knoll Nursing Home- Ferguson, Mo.
- MasterCard International- O’Fallon, Mo.
- Element Hotel- Miami, Fl.
- Café Napoli- Clayton, Mo
- Modelo Brewery- Nava, Mexico
- Sunshine Ministries- St. Louis, Mo.
- Companion Bakery- St. Louis, Mo.
- The Timbers- Jefferson City, Mo.
- The Wesley- Auburn, In
What do you like to do on a Sunday afternoon?
Spend time with family, catch up on yard work, and cook.
If we gave you next week off, what would you do with your time?
Travel with my family.
What was your last “oh my god this is perfect” meal?
I think it would be everyplace I dined while in New Orleans.
What is your best dish?
People always ask me to make my BBQ shrimp or my secret chicken wing sauce.